|Raglan, New Zealand|
(projects i'm involved in)
Posted by Phil McCabe about 11 years ago
Imagine 5 days of hands-on Permaculture education, Earth building, Surfing, daily Yoga, Kayaking, Mountain hiking, Eco-films & discussions, Contemporary Maori Raranga/weaving, discovering local community solutions in action, making new friends and sharing time with like-minded people.
Imagine enjoying a stay in Solscape’s peaceful and stunning natural environment overlooking the westcoast waves of the Tasman sea, being cooked for and nourished up with locally grown healthy cuisine, and being taken on a journey with purpose …. a transformational experience diving deep into some of the issues our generation has been left to clean up, learning fun and empowering low-tech solutions, and discovering some of the many awesome sites and activities on offer in our beautiful little corner of New Zealand/ Aotearoa.
Watch this youtube to see ELLA in action... http://www.youtube.com/
What is included for this price?
- 4 nights accommodation - Based on Single bed in a Triple Share Caboose. Linen is provided. (there are other options if preferred)
- 3 x Vegetarian Meals per day + freely available teas and coffee. Organic and Locally sourced where possible NB: Breakfast is not included on the first day
- 5 days of guided living and learning activities eg Daily Yoga, Hands on Permaculture Education - Organic Food Growing, Earth Building techniques, Low-tech Solutions & Appropriate Technology, A Community Tour of Local Sustainability Initiatives in action eg. Xtreme Waste, Trash Footwear, the Thorpe-Stanway Permaculture property, Contemporary Maori Weaving, Evening Presentations, Films & Discussions,
- a Group Surf Lesson - with a qualified surf instructor from Solscape’s own surf school – suitable for absolute beginners to more experienced. Wetsuit, surfboard and transportation (within Raglan) are included + free use of gear during free time
- a Guided Kayak Adventure with Raglan Kayak in the Whaingaroa Harbour (duration 3 hours)… www.raglankayak.co.nz
- a Guided Mountain Bushwalk - on our sacred mountain, Karioi (2 hours to the lookout)
- Transport to and from all activities.
To book yourself a placement please contact us via email [email protected] or by phone on (07) 8258268. If calling from overseas dial 0064 7 8258268.
We will also be running this programme on 11 February and 07 April 2013.
You must be logged in to comment.