Goal is to setup a permaculture living group starting with 15 houses/families on a fertile land of 32000 sqm close to Turkish sustainability city SEFERIHISAR. Energy sources sun, wind and geothermal. The land is 15km away of natural beaches, 60 km away from izmir which has international airport and counts for 17% of Turkish GDP for trade if needed.
Liber Vitae Seferihisar Permaculture Project in Turkey
- 15 families (2000 sqm each plot)
- 32000 sqm fertile ground
- energy sources; sun, wind and geothermal
- close to SEFERIHISAR, a city with main focus on sustainability
- area know for solar, wind and geothermal energy sources
- land costs each plot of 2000 sqm 6.000 Euro
- 2000 sqm for community purposes
- create bluepring first (inter)national small permaculture community together with people who are very much interested in this
- connecting to Seferihisar's goals
- build our own sustainable houses
- create our own food forest
- expand to other areas close by
- setup permaculture courses
- setup small cooperative factory focuses on sustainable products permaculture products/services
- average temperatures region may-november 16-33-15 Celcius
- average 69 days with total 695 mm rainfall yearly, summer months around 1 day a month of rain
- Ephesus one of the 7 world wonders http://www.ephesus.us/
- Izmir counts for 17% of natiol GDP, 2,7 million citizens
- 7 km away from sea village
- 43 km away from Izmir with international airport
- primairy & secundary schools 7 km away (school transport available)
- 8 universities in Izmir
- direct boat transport to Athens 3 hours and many greek islands just 30-60 minutes away by boat
Note: The various badges displayed in people profiles are largely honesty-based self-proclamations by the individuals themselves. There are reporting functions users can use if they know of blatant misrepresentation (for both people and projects). Legitimacy, competency and reputation for all people and projects can be evidenced and/or developed through their providing regular updates on permaculture work they’re involved in, before/after photographs, etc. A spirit of objective nurturing of both people and projects through knowledge/encouragement/inspiration/resource sharing is the aim of the Worldwide Permaculture Network.
A member is a permaculturist who has never taken a PDC course. These cannot become PDC teachers. Members may be novice or highly experienced permaculturists or anywhere in between. Watch their updates for evaluation.
One of these badges will show if you select your gender and the "I'm single, looking for a permaculture partner" option in your profile.
People who claim to have taken a Permaculture Design Certificate (PDC) course somewhere in the world.
People who have entered an email address for the teacher of their PDC course, and have had their PDC status verified by that teacher. Watch their updates for evaluation.
People who’ve taken a Permaculture Research Institute PDC somewhere in the world.
People who claim to teach some version of PDC somewhere in the world.
With the exception of the ‘Member’ who has never taken a PDC, all of the above can apply to become a PRI PDC Teacher. PRI PDC Teachers are those who the PRI recognise, through a vetting board, as determined and competent to teach the full 72-hour course as developed by Permaculture founder Bill Mollison – covering all the topics of The Designers’ Manual as well as possible (i.e. not cherry picking only aspects the teacher feels most interested or competent in). Such teachers also commit to focussing on the design science, and not including subjective spiritual/metaphysical elements. The reason these items are not included in the PDC curriculum is because they are “belief” based. Permaculture Design education concerns itself with teaching good design based on strategies and techniques which are scientifically provable.
PRI PDC Teachers may be given teaching and/or consultancy offerings as they become available as the network grows.
The individual with this badge is indicating they are, have, or would like to be involved in permaculture aid work. As such, the individual may or may not have permaculture aid worker experience. Watch their updates for evaluation.
The individual with this badge is indicating they are, have, or would like to do paid permaculture design consultancy work. As such, the individual may or may not have permaculture consultancy experience. Watch their updates for evaluation.
Community projects are projects that help develop sustainable community interaction and increase localised resiliency.