Join Plan Africa - Creating a new paradigm for African Development
The African Permaculture Network: http://www.planafrica.net/index.php/join/
Plan Africa is an entity established to represent the dire need for sustainable design and livelihoods for Africa. Our long term goals are food security and strong regional economies on the continent.
One of the ways in which we aim to achieve this is through this website and database detailing organic farming and permaculture projects; which is easily accessible for information or contacts, for people to ask for help, or simply to connect with other like-minded people and organisations.
We are also attempting to create and map the continent’s sustainable development and farming projects in order to create a comprehensive geographical picture that details each project found in an area and its aims, objectives, production, methodologies and available resources.
THE STEERING COMMITTEE
J J Nzira – South Africa/Zimbabwe
M W Nyika – Malawi/Zimbabwe
N P Heinamann – South Africa
B O’Connor – Zimbabwe/Zambia
K L Mashingakize – Zimbabwe
C A Manjate – Mozambique
A Sharif – Iran
- to assess the current sustainable living situation in Africa
- to create a forum for the discussion of issues regarding sustainable development in Africa
- connect Permaculture practitioners and sustainable farmers throughout Africa
- establish what practicing Permaculturists need in order for them to increase their productivity
- develop a plan for creating food and nutrition security and food sovereignty in Africa
- mobilise funding and resources to meet these aims
|Type: Permaculture Design Certificate (PDC) course|
|Verifying teacher: Sue Spies|
|Other Teachers: Cajun|
|Location: Tlholego Ecovillage|
|Date: Nov 2010|